Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Jugoslav (dated)
Yugoslav (not comparable)
- of, or relating to Yugoslavia
- Synonyms: Yugoslavian, Yugoslavic
- Due to Greek objections, North Macedonia was often referred to as the "former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia" for many years.
Yugoslav (plural Yugoslavs)
- A native or inhabitant of Yugoslavia.
- Synonym: Yugoslavian
- He considered himself to be a Yugoslav first and foremost, regardless of his Croat and Serb ancestry.
- (dated) Serbo-Croatian
- 2002, Mount, Graeme, chapter 3, in Personal Secretary’s File, Bowers to Welles, 16 March 1942, quoted in Chile and the Nazis, Black Rose Books, →ISBN, page 70:
- He is an educated man, speaking English, French, Spanish, Yugoslav, Russian and German, and he saw service in the Army and understands espionage.
- English 3-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- English lemmas
- English adjectives
- English uncomparable adjectives
- English terms with usage examples
- English nouns
- English countable nouns
- English proper nouns
- English dated terms
- English terms with quotations