Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US) IPA(key): /æbz.ˈkɑn.dn̩ts/, /æbz.ˈkɑn.dn̩s/, /æb.ˈskɑn.dn̩ts/, /æb.ˈskɑn.dn̩s/
Audio (UK) (file)
abscondence (plural abscondences)
- (rare) The act of absconding, or illicitly escaping; hiding of a fugitive. [First attested in the late 19th century.]
- 1998, Compulsory treatment for alcohol use disorders, page 315:
- The staff feared that earlier transfer to unlocked units would increase the abscondence.
- ^ “abscondence”, in Lesley Brown, editor-in-chief; William R. Trumble and Angus Stevenson, editors, The Shorter Oxford English Dictionary on Historical Principles, 5th edition, Oxford; New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press, 2002, →ISBN, page 8.