Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Moving or progressing faster than is usual.
2010, Raymond J. Wlodkowski and Margery B. Ginsberg, Teaching Intensive and Accelerated Courses: Instruction that Motivates Learning, ISBN 978-0-7879-6893-9, page 9:
- The requirement that students read textual materials before their first class is probably more important for accelerated than intensive courses, but it is relevant for both.
- Happening sooner than expected.
2006, David M. Walker, Performance Budgeting: PART Focuses Attention on Program Performance, But More Can Be Done to Engage Congress, ISBN 978-1-4223-0450-1, page 41:
- OMB's November 15 deadline for the PAR submission is earlier than the statutory deadline. OMB's recent memorandum to agency heads on the subject made this accelerated deadline permanent
moving or progressing faster than is usual