Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (accounting) A book in which accounts are kept; ledger.
- 1919, W[illiam] Somerset Maugham, “chapter 41”, in The Moon and Sixpence, [New York, N.Y.]: Grosset & Dunlap Publishers by arrangement with George H. Doran Company, OCLC 365836:
- When a woman loves you she's not satisfied until she possesses your soul. [...] The soul of man wanders through the uttermost regions of the universe, and she seeks to imprison it in the circle of her account-book.
a book in which accounts are kept
- account book at OneLook Dictionary Search
- account book in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913