Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (accounting) The development and use of a system for recording and analyzing the financial transactions and financial status of a business or other organization.
- A relaying of events; justification of actions.
- He was required to give a thorough accounting of his time.
Terms derived from the noun "accounting"
development and maintenance of system for recording and analyzing financial transactions
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout#Translations.
accounting (not comparable)
- Of or relating to accounting.
General accepted accounting principles