Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: accréditation
- enPR: ə-krěd'ĭ-tāʹshən, IPA(key): /əˌkɹɛd.ɪˈteɪ.ʃən/
- (UK) IPA(key): [əˌkɹɛd.ɪˈteɪ.ʃən]
- (US) IPA(key): [əˌkɹɛd.ɨˈteɪ.ʃən], [əˌkɹɛd.ɨɾˈeɪ.ʃən]
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: ac‧cred‧i‧ta‧tion
- Rhymes: -eɪʃən
accreditation (countable and uncountable, plural accreditations)
- The giving of credentials.
- The act of accrediting.
- letters of accreditation.
- 2022 September 13, Blanchard, Ben, “Taiwan says new Lithuanian office in Taipei begins operations”, in Michael Perry, editor, Reuters, archived from the original on 13 September 2022, Asia Pacific:
- Remus Chen, head of Taiwan's Foreign Ministry's Department of European Affairs, told reporters that the new Lithuanian representative Paulius Lukauskas had arrived in Taipei earlier this month, and on Monday had formally applied for his accreditation.
- (education) The granting of approval to an institution of higher learning by an official review board after the school has met certain requirements.
giving of credentials
the granting of approval of achieving an official standard of some sort
- English terms derived from Proto-Indo-European
- English terms derived from the Proto-Indo-European root *ḱerd-
- English terms suffixed with -ation
- English 5-syllable words
- English terms with IPA pronunciation
- English terms with audio links
- Rhymes:English/eɪʃən/5 syllables
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English countable nouns
- English terms with usage examples
- English terms with quotations
- Interlingua lemmas
- Interlingua nouns