Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a way worthy of admiration.
- He succeeded admirably in drawing fire away from the troop transports.
- Admirably, he went down with his ship after the surviving crew got away in lifeboats.
- 1749, [John Cleland], Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure [Fanny Hill], London: Printed [by Thomas Parker] for G. Fenton [i.e., Fenton and Ralph Griffiths] […], OCLC 731622352:
- ...yet more than all I had heard of it, now strongly informed me I was to expect that supreme pleasure which she had placed in the meeting of those parts so admirably fitted for each other.
- To an admirable degree.
- They have made admirably great improvements in quality.
in an admirable manner
to an admirable degree