Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈdɔɹnd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈdɔːnd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Hyphenation: adorned
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Having been decorated or embellished through applied items or alterations (adornments).
- c. 1587–1588, [Christopher Marlowe], Tamburlaine the Great. […] The First Part […], part 1, 2nd edition, London: […] [R. Robinson for] Richard Iones, […], published 1592, OCLC 932920499; reprinted as Tamburlaine the Great (A Scolar Press Facsimile), Menston, Yorkshire; London: Scolar Press, 1973, →ISBN, Act III, scene iii:
- Sit downe by her: adorned with my Crowne,
As if thou wert the Empreſſe of the world.