Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Subsequent behavior.
- 1833, Jeremiah Holmes Wiffen, Historical Memoirs of the House of Russell:
- But even, for the sake of argument, allowing the disputant his point, that William did really but affect the belief of Russell's fidelity, what shall be said of his after-conduct ?
- 1869, Mary Botham Howitt, Love and Money: An Every-day Tale, page 41:
- She went to live as housekeeper with a lady, the widow of a respectable tradesman in Portsmouth; before long the son, a man worthy of her, as his after-conduct proved, fell in love with her.
- 2013, Alfred Edersheim, Bible History: Old Testament:
- This is further borne out by his after-conduct. (Exodus 18)