Jump to navigation Jump to search
agonist (plural agonists)
- Someone involved in a contest or battle (as in an agon), protagonist.
- The muscle that contracts while the other relaxes.
- When bending the elbow, the biceps is the agonist.
- (biochemistry, pharmacology) A molecule that can combine with a receptor on a cell to produce a physiological reaction.
- Acetylcholine is an agonist at the cholinergic receptor.
a muscle that contracts while another relaxes
molecule that can combine with a receptor on a cell
agonist m (plural agoniști)
Declension of agonist