Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /əˈlɑɹmd/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈlɑːmd/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɑː(ɹ)md
- Hyphenation: alarmed
- simple past tense and past participle of alarm
alarmed (not comparable)
- Having an alarm fitted.
- This door is alarmed.
- Worried; anxious; panicky.
- I'm extremely alarmed about the army outside my house.
- 1848-50, William Makepeace Thackeray, Pendeniss, ch 2:
- 8: Thomas, the groom, in the act of drinking, put down the jug alarmed before his master. Thomas’s master felt the honour keenly.
having an alarm fitted
worried — see worried