Jump to navigation Jump to search
alighting (plural alightings)
- The act of one who alights.
- 1994, Leslie Real, Behavioral Mechanisms in Evolutionary Ecology, page 287:
- We compared the frequencies of alightings on hosts with those predicted from random transect data.
- 2000, Peter Gregory Furth, Data Analysis for Bus Planning and Monitoring, page 24:
- Load profiles are a standard analysis tool showing passenger activity (boardings, alightings) and passenger load at each stop along a route in a single direction.