Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Alternative form of
- 1886, Notes and Queries, page 185:
- Most of the good things which Miss Eugenia and Miss Clara were taught to make in the country sound very appetizing, the "almond-butter" especially, à mon goût.
- 1930, Harold Reinoehl Walley, John Harold Wilson, Early Seventeenth-century Plays, 1600-1642, page 101:
- He was eating of almond-butter, and I long'd for't.
- 2011, Fodor's New Mexico, 8th Edition, page 134:
- Top off your meal with an almond-butter cake served with warm spiced apples and a mascarpone-caramel sauce.
Modern use of this hyphenated form is usually reserved for attributive use of the noun.