Jump to navigation Jump to search
alternatively (not comparable)
- in an alternative way
- 1998, Marie D. Hoff (editor), Sustainable Community Development, page 99:
- Observers should keep in mind that these efforts at living alternatively are not easily undertaken; indeed, if they were, more people would be doing what they do.
- 2001, Hans-Peter Martin, Is Globalization a Trap?, published in Keys to the 21st Century (edited by Jérôme Bindé) on page 350:
- Thus, we are creating a new class struggle between those who live within the social system and those who are marginalized or wish to live alternatively.
- 2003, Torunn Kjølner and Janek Szatkowski, Dramaturgy in Building Multimedia Performances, published in Production methods: behind the scenes of virtual inhabited 3D worlds: Volume 1 (edited by Kim Halskov Madsen), on page 127:
- Devising obviously asks for what we understand as general creativity, like the ability to take an initiative, to invent, to think alternatively, to associate interestingly, to create metaphors and images.
- 2005, Graham Meltzer, Sustainable Community: Learning from the Cohousing Model, page 3:
- Most people living alternatively have strong pro-environmental values and, unlike many 'greens' in mainstream society, are generally able to apply their values in day-to-day life.
- (conjunctive) Used to link a pair of possibilities
in an alternative way