alternatively (not comparable)
- in an alternative way
1998, Marie D. Hoff (editor), Sustainable Community Development, page 99:
- Observers should keep in mind that these efforts at living alternatively are not easily undertaken; indeed, if they were, more people would be doing what they do.
- 2001, Hans-Peter Martin, Is Globalization a Trap?, published in Keys to the 21st Century (edited by Jérôme Bindé) on page 350:
- Thus, we are creating a new class struggle between those who live within the social system and those who are marginalized or wish to live alternatively.
- 2003, Torunn Kjølner and Janek Szatkowski, Dramaturgy in Building Multimedia Performances, published in Production methods: behind the scenes of virtual inhabited 3D worlds: Volume 1 (edited by Kim Halskov Madsen), on page 127:
- Devising obviously asks for what we understand as general creativity, like the ability to take an initiative, to invent, to think alternatively, to associate interestingly, to create metaphors and images.
2005, Graham Meltzer, Sustainable Community: Learning from the Cohousing Model, page 3:
- Most people living alternatively have strong pro-environmental values and, unlike many 'greens' in mainstream society, are generally able to apply their values in day-to-day life.
- (conjunctive) Used to link a pair of possibilities
in an alternative way