Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: anæsthetise
- Non-Oxford British English standard spelling of anesthetize.
- 1905, William Gilman Thompson, Practical dietetics: With Special Reference to Diet in Diseases, page 524:
- The retching may be overcome by painting or spraying the pharynx with a 2- or 4-per-cent solution of cocain, or, as Stewart recommends, by allowing the patient to swallow a few drops of the solution, to anaesthetise the oesophagus.
- 2007, Linda Davies, Into the Fire, Twenty First Century Publishers Ltd., page 84:
- But now she was freed of the daily slavery of the office, and she no longer needed to drink to accompany Roddy, or to anaesthetise herself to his friends.