Jump to navigation Jump to search
- anaesthetise (non-Oxford British spelling)
- anæsthetize (archaic spelling)
- anesthetise (non-standard non-Oxford British spelling) (very dubious)
- (UK) IPA(key): /əˈniːs.θə.taɪz/, /æˈniːs.θə.taɪz/
Audio (RP) (file)
- (US) IPA(key): /əˈnɛs.θə.taɪz/, /əˈnɛs.θɪ.taɪz/
Audio (US) (file)
anesthetize (third-person singular simple present anesthetizes, present participle anesthetizing, simple past and past participle anesthetized) (American spelling, Canadian spelling)
- (transitive) To administer anesthesia to: to render unfeeling or unconscious through the use of narcotic substances, usually either alcohol or pharmaceutical drugs.
- Just prior to surgery the doctor will anesthetize him and he will sleep for four hours.