Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To express as an analogy.
- To treat one thing as analogous to another.
- 2009, January 16, “Ginia Bellafante”, in A Daffy Suburban Family Comes Out of 3 Closets:
- Repulsion over polygamy is so ingrained in the American consciousness — analogizing it to slavery, the Republican platform of 1856 called it one of the country’s “twin relics of barbarism” — that judgmentally reveling in the exotic perversions of “Big Love” feels like something on the order of a national right.
- 2016, Robert Kerr, How Postmodernism Explains Football and Football Explains Postmodernism:
- Writing objective history or raising a teenager may be like trying to nail Jell-O to a wall, as those and other challenging tasks have been popularly analogized.
- 2022, Lee Kovarsky, Justices will clarify how death-row prisoners can contest a state’s method of execution, in: SCOTUSblog, April 22 2022
- Nance and the United States analogize any responsive authorization that follows a successful lethal injection challenge to responsive appropriations that would follow a successful Section 1983 claim for improved health care.