Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (US, Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /əˈnæl.ə.ɡəs/
Audio (US) (file)
- (nonstandard) IPA(key): /əˈnæl.ə.dʒəs/
- Having analogy; corresponding to something else; bearing some resemblance or proportion (often followed by "to".)
- 2013 September 20, Martina Hyde, “Is the pope Catholic?”, in The Guardian:
- At the very least, it would seem to be tinkering with the formula of the biggest spiritual brand in the world, analogous to Coca-Cola changing its famous recipe in 1985.
- (Can we date this quote by De Quincey and provide title, author's full name, and other details?)
- Analogous tendencies in arts and manners.
- (Can we date this quote by J. H. Newman and provide title, author's full name, and other details?)
- Decay of public spirit, which may be considered analogous to natural death.
- (biology) Functionally similar, but arising through convergent evolution rather than being homologous.
having analogy; corresponding to something else