Jump to navigation Jump to search
anchoress (plural anchoresses)
- A female anchorite. A woman who chooses to withdraw from the world to live a solitary life of prayer and contemplation.
- (informal) an anchorwoman
- 2006 February 11, Poniewozik, James, “Live from Turin—Sorry, Torino—It's NBC”, in Time Magazine, retrieved 2012-01-25:
- Williams was co-hosting in place of Katie Couric, a move some have speculated was meant to deprive the possible next anchoress of the CBS Evening News the prime time exposure.
- 2007 April 16, Abelson, Max, “Sold! 'Money Honey,' Hubby Buy $6.5 M. East Side Townhouse”, in New York Observer, retrieved 2012-01-25:
- Mr. Thompson reportedly booted executives off a cross-continental Citigroup flight to be alone with the impeccably brunette anchoress.