Jump to navigation Jump to search
- The development of male sexual characteristics, especially after treatment with androgens. [from 20th c.]
- 2007 December 14, Peter L. Hurd, Allison A. Bailey, Patricia A. Gongal, Reginia H. Yan, John J. Greer and Silvia Pagliardini, “Intrauterine Position Effects on Anogenital Distance and Digit Ratio in Male and Female Mice”, in Archives of Sexual Behavior, volume 37, number 1, DOI:10.1007/s10508-007-9259-z:
- The global androgenization hypothesis predicts that neighboring males will masculinize both AGD and 2D:4D and, therefore, that AGD and 2D:4D will correlate within sexes.
- 2011, Hilary Rose and Steven Rose, ‘Never Mind the Bollocks’, London Review of Books, 33.9:
- Girls exposed in utero to high levels of progestins, which induce prenatal androgenisation, were described as being tomboys as youngsters, but showed ‘stereotypically feminine sexual behaviour’ as adults.