Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˈɑːn.sə.ɹɪŋ/
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˈæn.sə.ɹɪŋ/
- (æ-tensing, non-rhotic) IPA(key): [ˈeən.sə.ɹɪŋ]
- Hyphenation: an‧swer‧ing
Audio (US) (file)
answering (plural answerings)
- The act of giving an answer.
- 1923, John Cann Bailey, The Continuity of Letters, page 107:
- An answer that comes out of the whirlwind is, logically, no answer at all: it belongs to a world above that of logical answerings.
the act of giving an answer