Jump to navigation Jump to search
divination by the interpretation of human sacrificial entrails
- "Antinopomancy, [sic] by the entrails of men, women and children..." -- Gaule The Magastromancer xix, 1652
- "By anthropomancy, practised by the Roman Emperor Heliogabalus. It is somewhat irksome, but thou wilt endure well enough, seeing thou art destined to be a cuckold." -- Works of Rabelais III. xxv, 1951
- anthropomancy in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913.
- anthropomancy in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- anthropomancy at OneLook Dictionary Search