- (quantum mechanics, of energy levels) To fail to cross in a graph of energy vs. electric field strength; characteristic of coherent superposition states
- 1998, Lev Zimin et al., “LO Phonon Renormalization in Optically Excited CuCl Nanocrystals”, in Physical Review Letters, volume 80, number 14:
- When the mixing becomes resonant, the phonon sideband anticrosses with the excited exciton state.
anticross (plural anticrosses)
- (quantum mechanics) A case of anticrossing
- 1998, K. Chang & J.B. Xia, “The effects of electric field on the electronic structure of a semiconductor quantum dot”, in Journal of Applied Physics, volume 84:
- These anticrosses arise from the mixing effect of heavy and light hole states.