Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: anti-Semitism
- Alternative form of anti-Semitism
- 2019 July 24, David Austin Walsh, “Flirting With Fascism”, in Jewish Currents:
- Facing a backlash over the use of the term “cosmopolitan,” [Josh] Hawley later defended himself against accusations of antisemitism on Twitter as “an ardent advocate of the state of Israel and the Jewish people.” But this conflation of the state of Israel and the Jewish people is the entire point. To today’s far right, Israel is a firm ally against Islam, while “cosmopolitans,” many of whom just happen to be Jewish, are suspect.
Often preferred by writers who want to emphasize that the historic usage of the term as it originated in Germany is specific to Jews, not to Semites generally.
From French antisémitisme.
antisemitism n (uncountable)
declension of antisemitism (singular only)
|n gender||indefinite articulation||definite articulation|
- Synonym: judehat
|Declension of antisemitism|
- English lemmas
- English nouns
- English uncountable nouns
- English terms with quotations
- Romanian terms borrowed from French
- Romanian terms derived from French
- Romanian lemmas
- Romanian nouns
- Romanian uncountable nouns
- Romanian neuter nouns
- Swedish compound terms
- Swedish terms with IPA pronunciation
- Swedish lemmas
- Swedish nouns
- Swedish common-gender nouns
- Swedish nouns ending in "-ism"