Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Opposition to symbolism.
- 1854, Richard Graves, An Analysis of the Revelations, page 229:
- These are only a few of the absurdities of the theory of antisymbolism, but they are sufficient, one should think, to confute it.
- 1963, Carl Joachim Friedrich, Man and his government: an empirical theory of politics, page 632:
- These are materialism, antiformalism and antisymbolism, verification through practical results, the partisanship of science, and the need of modifying scientific dogma only by action of the political leadership […]
- 1976, AIA Journal, volume 65, page 66:
- Thus the extreme antisymbolism, antiornament and anti-Beaux-Arts position of the Bauhaus and other European modems.