Jump to navigation Jump to search
anyways (not comparable)
- (rare) In any way or respect, at all.
- 1624, Democritus Junior [pseudonym; Robert Burton], The Anatomy of Melancholy: […], 2nd edition, Oxford, Oxfordshire: Printed by John Lichfield and James Short, for Henry Cripps, OCLC 54573970, partition II, section 2, member 6, subsection ii:
- it behoves them […] to remove all objects, causes, companies, occasions, as may anyways molest him […].
- 1851, Church Wardens of Burlington, “The Church Wardens &c. of Burlington to the Honourable Society. Burlington, 28th, 1715”, in Collections of the Protestant Episcopal Historical Society, volume 1, OCLC 7847099, page 76:
- ...we are bound to assert that we never heard either in his public discourses or private conversation, anything that might tend towards encouraging sedition, or anyways insolencing the government
- (conjunctive, informal, chiefly Canada, US) Anyway, anyhow, in any case.