Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
anyway (not comparable)
- (obsolete) In any way. [16th-19th c.]
- (conjunctive) Regardless; anyhow. [from 19th c.]
- He didn't enjoy washing his car, but it was so dirty that he did it anyway.
- (speech act) Used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement. See anyhow. [from 19th c.]
- I don't think that's true. I haven't found any evidence, anyway.
- (speech act) Used to indicate a change of subject.
2005, Jan Karon, These high, green hills:
- "I'll be ninety my next birthday, but Louella doesn't tell her age. Anyway, we 're going to have you and Cynthia up for supper."
in any way
used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement
used to indicate change of subject