Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈɡɑɹd.lɪs/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ɹɪˈɡɑːd.lɪs/
Audio (Southern England) (file)
- Having no regard; heedless; careless.
- despite everything; despite the situation
- He did it, regardless.
having no regard
- Without attention to warnings or indications of bad consequences.
- Tatiana knew the meat had passed its expiry date, but she ate it regardless.
actioned in a way which shows no consideration
- (proscribed) Synonym of ; paying no attention to
- Tatiana ate the cauliflower regardless its colour.
regardless of — see regardless of
- The phrase 'regardless to' is generally considered incorrect.
- Phrases 'regardless if', 'regardless of if' and 'regardless whether' are generally considered incorrect, with 'regardless of whether' being the preferred wording.