at any rate
Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (conjunctive) In any case, anyway, anyhow, regardless; used to discard a previous thought.
- Jim broke the window — or maybe it was John? At any rate, the window’s broken now.
- 1978, Daniel C. Dennett, “Where Am I?”, in Brainstorms: Philosophical Essays on Mind and Psychology, Bradford Books:
- What moved from A to B at such speed was surely myself, or at any rate my soul or mind — the massless center of my being and home of my consciousness.
- 2008, Graham Oppy, David Dowe, “The Turing Test”, in Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy:
- Why couldn't it be the case that there are intelligent things that are unable to carry on a conversation, or, at any rate, unable to carry on a conversation with creatures like us?
in any case
- at any rate at OneLook Dictionary Search