Jump to navigation Jump to search
archie (plural archies)
- Alternative form of (anti-aircraft artillery)
- 1919, Thomas Herbert Russell, America's War for Humanity, →ISBN:
- I had to take a large turn, for the "archies" were shooting pretty close.
- 1935, W E Johns, Biggles Learns to Fly:
- I'll pretend I'm scared of everything and sideslip away from every archie burst.
- 2013, I. L. (Dick) Read, Of Those We Loved: A Narrative 1914-1919 Remembered and Illustrated, →ISBN:
- Several of our planes droned overhead, undeterred by the German 'archies', machine-gun and rifle fire, but not as yet the contact monoplane.
archie f (plural archies)