Jump to navigation Jump to search
- An illustration showing the extrapolated appearance of something for which the actual appearance is not known or cannot be seen.
- 2010, Alan Boss, The Crowded Universe: The Race to Find Life Beyond Earth, →ISBN, page 116:
- Artist's conception of hot gases flowing off the atmosphere of the first transiting planet, the hot Jupiter orbiting the star HD 209458.
- Used other than figuratively or idiomatically: see artist, conception.
- 2008, M. Scott Norton, Human Resources Administration for Educational Leaders, →ISBN, page 81:
- The artist's conception and plan permit the artist to judge the correctness of various aspects of the work that gives the artist the ability to resolve problems that occur during its execution.