Coined on the TV show The Simpsons in 1995, as a quasi-medical term. See ass, horizontal, -ology.
assal horizontology (uncountable)
- (humorous, rare) The act of sitting around doing nothing for long periods of time.
1995 November 5, Matt Groening et al., “King-Size Homer”, in The Simpsons, season 7, episode 7:
- Dr. Nick Riviera: "I recommend a slow steady gorging process combined with assal horizontology."
17 December 2000, Talen, “Re: [GRIT] Sleepers Unbound (Was: The Last Day ~ The Dawn of Atlantis)”, in rec.arts.anime.misc, Usenet:
- Just as Yohann is restored to his proper state of Assal Horizontology, an audible cricking noise - his knuckles and neck - rings around the hall.
24 February 2001, The IRS, “Re: Comic Book Guy Trivia”, in alt.tv.simpsons, Usenet:
- > what does he have a degree in?
- Assal horizontology.
14 March 2002, Billy J. Dancefloor, “Re: tonight's episode (3-13-02)”, in alt.tv.simpsons, Usenet:
- > Don't forget the Choco-tastic!!!
- assal horizontology.