- Obsolete spelling of
- And God remembered Noah, and every living thing, and all the cattle that was with him in the ark: and God made a wind to pass over the earth, and the waters asswaged;
- 5. But I would strengthen you with my mouth, and the moving of my lips should asswage your grief.
- 6. Though I speak, my grief is not asswaged: and though I forbear, what am I eased?
- 1660, William Petty, Reflections upon Ireland, p. 11/12:
- Now although it concerns mee to propagate such a belief, as a fit Anodyne to asswage the many Spleens swelling against mee; yet I being ashamed to be wholly without some excuse for so conspicuous an Error, (as my diversion upon the Survey, and my other consequent undertakings was) I must let the world think otherwise, as part of that excuse which I must yet make more compleat, by acquainting you with some other reasons of that Action,.....