Jump to navigation Jump to search
astonishing + -ly
Audio (US) (file)
astonishingly (comparative more astonishingly, superlative most astonishingly)
- In an astonishing manner; so as to surprise or astonish.
- 1946, George Johnston, Skyscrapers in the Mist, page 85:
- Famous hotels, for instance, are astonishingly commonplace.
- Very; remarkably used as an intensifier.
- The advertisements made the place look promising, but the food was astonishingly bad.
- (very (intensifier)): amazingly, staggeringly, very, hugely