at your service
- (formal) Used by way of polite introduction on first meeting another person.
1937, J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit:
- “Thorin Oakenshield, at your service! Dori at your service!” said the two dwarves bowing again.
- (Can we date this quote?)
- James Bond. At your service.
- Available for assisting you or for you to use.
1832, Washington Irving, Talses of the Alhambra:
- . "But senors," added he, smiling, "if you think a residence there so desirable, my apartments in the Alhambra are at your service."
2015, Priscila Uppal, At Your Service, ISBN 1459732766:
- How you laughed when you admitted your lies to me, and I promised to make you sit one day and I would pretend to be your lover, bring you tea while you soaked in the bath, lightly scented raspberry candles at your feet, and declare in my deepest voice, My darling, your every wish, your every command is mine. I am at your service eternally.
way of introduction