Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) IPA(key): /jɔː/, /jʊə/
Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)
- (US) enPR: yôr, IPA(key): /joʊɹ/, /jɔːɹ/, /jʊəɹ/, /jɚ/, /jɝ/
Audio (US) (file)
Audio (US), unstressed (file)
- Rhymes: -oʊr, -ɔː(ɹ)
- Rhymes: -ɜː(ɹ) (in some dialects)
- Belonging to you; of you; related to you (singular; one owner).
- Let's meet tomorrow at your convenience.
- Is this your cat?
- Belonging to you; of you; related to you (plural; more owners).
- A determiner that conveys familiarity and mutual knowledge of the modified noun.
- Not your average Tom, Dick and Harry.
- Your Show of Shows
- Your World with Neil Cavuto
- Not Your Average Travel Guide
- Like your heroes of antiquity, he charges in iron.
- (Ireland) That; the specified (usually used with a human referent)
- Your man just bought a new car.
- Have you seen what your one over there is doing?
- Misspelling of you’re.
- In US English, /jɚ/ is generally the unstressed version of /jɔːɹ/; in many dialects, however, /jɝ/ is frequent even in positions of stress.
- The use of your instead of you're is a common mistake in English.
belonging to you (singular; one owner)
belonging to you (plural; more owners)
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
English personal pronouns
|Number||Person||Type||Subject||Objective||Reflexive||Possessive adjective||Possessive pronoun|