Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /aʊəˈsɛlvz/, /ɑːˈsɛlvz/
- (General American) IPA(key): /aʊɚˈsɛlvz/, /ɑɹˈsɛlvz/
Audio (US) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɛlvz
ourselves (first personal plural pronoun, reflexive case of we)
- (reflexive) Us; the group including the speaker as the object of a verb or preposition when that group also is the subject.
- We should keep this for ourselves.
- (emphatic) We; intensifies the subject as the group including the speaker, especially to indicate that no one else satisfies the predicate.
- We did it ourselves.
- ourself (for the singular "we")
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.
Translations to be checked
English personal pronouns