Jump to navigation Jump to search
possessive pronoun (plural possessive pronouns)
- (grammar) A pronoun which expresses possession.
- 1878, Geo. F. Holmes, A Grammar of the English Language, page 66:
- The possessive pronouns are, my, thy, his, her, its, our, your, their, own.
- Words like my or their, which modify nouns and cannot stand on their own, are also commonly referred to as "possessive pronouns" (because of their relationship to the personal pronouns). These are also called possessive determiners or possessive adjectives, however, as they are not pronouns in the strict sense.
pronoun which expresses possession
- possessive pronoun on Wikipedia.Wikipedia