Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (Received Pronunciation) enPR: yô, IPA(key): /jɔː/
- (General American) enPR: yôr, IPA(key): /jɔɹ/
- (rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) enPR: yōr, IPA(key): /jo(ː)ɹ/
- (non-rhotic, without the horse–hoarse merger) IPA(key): /joə/
- Rhymes: -ɔː(ɹ)
- Homophones: your, you're (accents with the pour–poor merger); yaw (non-rhotic accents with the horse–hoarse merger)
time long past
yore (not comparable)
- (obsolete) In time long past; long ago.
- Which though he hath polluted oft and yore, / Yet I to them for judgment just do fly.