Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (UK) (stressed) enPR: yo͝o(r), yô(r), IPA(key): /jʊə(ɹ)/, /jɔː(ɹ)/ ; (unstressed) IPA(key): /jə(ɹ)/
- (US) (stressed) enPR: yo͝or, IPA(key): /jʊɹ/ ; (unstressed) IPA(key): /jɚ/
- Rhymes: -ʊə(r)
- Rhymes: -ɔː(r)
- Rhymes: -ə(ɹ)
- Homophone: your
- Homophone: yore
- You are.
- You’re smarter than I am!
- 1907, Robert W. Chambers, chapter IX, The Younger Set:
- “Heavens!” exclaimed Nina, “the blue-stocking and the fogy! —and yours are pale blue, Eileen!—you’re about as self-conscious as Drina—slumping there with your hair tumbling à la Mérode! Oh, it's very picturesque, of course, but a straight spine and good grooming is better. […]”