Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (manufacturing) Automation design concept developed at Toyota using error-proofing and automatic process defect-detection to ease human participation in demanding just-in-time manufacturing.
- 1988, Taiichi Ohno, Toyota Production System: Beyond Large-scale Production, page 121:
- Autonomation (Automation with a Human Touch)
- Autonomation means transferring human intelligence to a machine.
- 1998, Schon Beechler, Kristin Stucker, Japanese Business, page 541
- This concept of autonomation is meant to convey the combination of mechanical automation and human control.
- "Autonomation" implies the attachment of extra functions to automated machines so the machine will stop automatically when […].
Used to translate the Japanese word 自動化.