Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (General American) IPA(key): /ˌmænjəˈfækt͡ʃəɹɪŋ/
- (Received Pronunciation) IPA(key): /ˌmænjʊˈfækt͡ʃəɹɪŋ/
- Hyphenation: man‧u‧fac‧tur‧ing
manufacturing (usually uncountable, plural manufacturings)
- The transformation of raw materials into finished products, usually on a large scale.
- The industry in which such products are made.
create goods from materials
manufacturing (not comparable)
- Used in manufacturing.
- 2006, Edwin Black, chapter 2, in Internal Combustion:
- More than a mere source of Promethean sustenance to thwart the cold and cook one's meat, wood was quite simply mankind's first industrial and manufacturing fuel.
used in manufacturing