Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
awheel (not comparable)
- (dated) Riding a bicycle.
2009 February 16, “Keeping it Reeled In”, in Bike Snob NYC, retrieved 2012-08-26:
- Originally we were supposed to conduct the interview on bikes (or "awheel" as the British say) …
- travelling by a wheeled vehicle; mobile
1927 October 1, Johnson, “Talk of the Town”, in New Yorker:
- ... an observer at large who chanced to be at the corner of Fourteenth Street and Seventh Avenue late one night when the traffic signals brought to a halt the few taxis that were awheel then.
- circling, moving in the shape of a wheel