Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: balls-up
From ball up.
- third-person singular simple present indicative form of ball up
- (Britain, Australia, New Zealand, vulgar, intransitive) To make a mess of everything in a situtation.
- (Britain, Australia, New Zealand, vulgar, transitive) To do something badly. To ruin a job.
1977, Mungo MacCallum, Mungo's Canberra, page 142:
- It has got to the ludicrous stage that whenever Snedden makes a speech without actually ballsing something up irrevocably, they tell him he's the greatest thing since Winston Churchill;
- He really ballsed up that paint work. It'll have to be redone!