Jump to navigation Jump to search
- In a bad manner.
- Things are going badly for her: she did badly in her exams owing to a badly designed studying schedule.
- Don't think badly of me, give me the benefit of the doubt.
- Very much; to a great degree.
- I want it so badly.
- Look at these split ends! You badly need a haircut!
- Everything went badly wrong.
- Badly is sometimes used after feel in its copulative sense where one might expect an adjective, ie, bad. Most prescriptive grammarians prefer "I feel bad" to "I feel badly", but "I feel badly" is widely used.
in a bad manner