Jump to navigation Jump to search
banditti (plural bandittis or banditti)
- (archaic) robbers or outlaws.
- 1749, Henry Fielding, chapter XI, in The History of Tom Jones, a Foundling, volume (please specify |volume=I to VI), London: A[ndrew] Millar […], OCLC 928184292, book VII:
- […] this was the very time when the late rebellion was at the highest; and indeed the banditti were now marched into England […]
- 1811, Jane Austen, chapter 18, in Sense and Sensibility:
- “ […] I have more pleasure in a snug farmhouse than a watch-tower—and a troop of tidy, happy villagers please me better than the finest banditti in the world.”