Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Resembling or characteristic of a banjo
- 1999 December 24, Peter Margasak, “Wrist Error”, in Chicago Reader:
- In flashes, they do transcend their influences--particularly Newman, whose beautifully illogical machinations can morph from dry harmonic plinks to banjolike plonks to ominous, industrial-sounding hums.
- 2007 April 2, Jon Pareles, “A Musical Coalition That Raises the Roof”, in New York Times:
- The lyrics were in several West African languages, and the lineup paired African instruments — the kora (the djelis’ 21-string harp-lute), the xylophonelike balafon, the small banjolike ngoni and the booming djembe (hand drum) — with modern counterparts: electric guitar, bass, keyboard and trap drums.