Jump to navigation Jump to search
- To rely on someone or something; to count on something; to depend on something.
- I'm banking on you being there. I don't have your expertise.
- 2021 July 6, Phil McNulty, “Italy beat Spain on penalties: 'Pure theatre as Italy present formidable obstacle in final'”, in BBC Sport:
- Italy's potential opponents in Sunday's final might hope this game has taken a lot out of Mancini's men but you would not bank on it from a side who have simply got better and better, now adding Spain to Belgium as they claim victims of the highest class en route to the showpiece.
- The verb and particle are inseparable.