Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (intransitive, baseball) To have at least nine or ten batters bat in a half-inning. See usage notes below.
- Seven runs are in; they've batted around.
- (transitive, informal) To discuss.
- I think we've batted this idea around enough to take a decision.
- There is no consensus as to whether 'batting around' refers to nine or ten hitter batting in a half-inning.
- In transitive senses the object may appear before or after the particle. If the object is a pronoun, then it must be before the particle.