Audio (US) (file)
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Beaten up through a lot of use; in rough condition; weathered.
1944, Miles Burton, chapter 5, in The Three Corpse Trick:
- The dinghy was trailing astern at the end of its painter, and Merrion looked at it as he passed. He saw that it was a battered-looking affair of the prahm type, with a blunt snout, and like the parent ship, had recently been painted a vivid green.
- Beaten repeatedly or consistently; beaten up.
- (cooking) Coated with batter.
beaten up through a lot of use